You can pick the protein, switch the sides, and even swap the sauce―but in the case of being a barbecue pitmaster there are three ingredients that you simply can’t do without: Meat. Smoke. And, most importantly, time.
Barbecue is a pillar of American cookery, steeped in rich tradition and regional variety. And in the case of celebrating The us’s best barbecue, not just any ol’ cookbook will do. Be the BBQ Pitmaster is your start-to-finish roadmap through it all so you’ll smoke your way from Kansas City’s Brisket to the Smoked Pork Shoulder of the Carolinas.
Prep time, cook time, serving size…a true barbecue pitmaster leaves nothing to chance. Each and every recipe in Be the BBQ Pitmaster cookbook provides a complete breakdown of the whole lot you wish to have to know for staying cool even as you bring the heat.
- 125+ authentic barbecue recipes deliver the classic smoked barbecue flavor you love alongside creative sides, sauces, and desserts
- Regional barbecue style overviews and should-have barbecue basics
- Smoking recipes that range in difficulty so you’ll build your barbecue skill set
- Cook-off FAQs for upping your game and entering amateur competition
- Insider secrets from top pitmasters to develop your barbecue chops including: Memphis’s own Clint Cantwell, editor of Kingsford.com and winner of Commute Channel’s “American Grilled” and three-time James Beard “Best Southwest Chef” semifinalist and “Top Chef” contestant Chef John Tesar